Salt Lake County Parks
3383 South 300 East, South Salt Lake, UT 84115 • 385-468-7275
Regional/Special Interest Parks
Regional parks are large developed or natural open spaces that serve the Salt Lake valley. Special theme parks include those that provide a specific service or have unique features. These parks are listed below.
If "(reservable)" is next to the park name then it is a park with a reservable pavilion.
- 4500 South 1500 East, Millcreek Township
- A large neighborhood park with a big natural area, water feature and amenities.
- 4300 South 1300 East, Millcreek Township
- A large regional park with a pavilion situated on a knoll. There is a large multipurpose grassy area and many amenities.
- 2945 South Wasatch Blvd. (3536 East), Millcreek Township
- A small, regional trailhead park for the Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- 10000 South to 10600 South 300 East to 3000 East, Sandy
- A regional park of a large natural area with several horse trails, hiking trails and other amenities such as an amphitheatre and restrooms.
- 11400 South 2100 West, South Jordan
- A regional park. Contact the Equestrian Park directly at 385-468-1600 or visit their web site at Equestrian Park for events and activities.
- 15300 South 100 East (Steep Mountain Rd.), Draper
- A regional park of a large area on the point of the mountain with two launch areas for hang gliders.
- From the Utah County line to the Great Salt Lake.
- A trail that parallels the Jordan River. Salt Lake County maintains the following adjacent trailheads: Jordan Narrows, Springview Farms, Forty-Eighth (48th) Street, Holm, Oxbow, Redwood Park and Jordan River Trailhead.
- East on 3800 South (Mill Creek Canyon Road) from 3500 East (Wasatch Blvd.), Wasatch National Forest
- Mill Creek Canyon is managed by the U.S. Forest Service. There are 10 picnic group sites that may be reserved for daytime use during the summer and a mountain yurt during the winter.
- 9738 South 5200 West (off Old Bingham Highway), Unincorporated
- A top of the line BMX regional park with two different tracks.
- 2660 South 1160 West, West Valley City
- A regional park of a unique loop trail over a mile long that connects the Jordan River Parkway trail with the Redwood Multipurpose Center and West Valley City.
- 6351 South 900 East, Murray
- A large regional park that includes Wheeler Historic Farm. The park is managed by Wheeler Historic Farm.
- 2100 South from 1350 East to 1600 East, Salt Lake City
- A beautiful, large regional park with many amenities, including 7 reservable pavilions, 2 playgrounds, a pond & creek, trees and open spaces. The park is managed by the Sugar House Park Authority. Go to Sugar House Park for more park information.
- 5100 South 2700 West, Taylorsville
- A regional park with a pavilion, disc golf course, exercise track, outdoor basketball complex, 4-field softball complex, large, grassy areas and pool.
- 6351 South 900 East, Murray
- A regional park. Contact Wheeler Historic Farm directly at 385-468-1755 for events and activities. They also manage South Cottonwood Regional Park.
- 15000 South (Rose Canyon Rd.) 8094 West, Herriman
- A regional park of a large canyon with horse trails, walking trails and a couple of picnic areas. There are few amenities.